Saturday, March 13, 2010

Book Attraction

This week, I will make my final visit to MPH store.. before I exit this god damn country... Yes, to the MPH store.. I have 2 reasons to go there.. 1st to grab a few novels to let the time on the plane to be more interesting (which is kind off the main reason)... the 2nd (although its not the main reason, it's the urge that makes me go) to sneak the last peek on that cute guy who works there.. (ok... I think this the main reason).. Yes, I've been stalking this guy in MPH for almost a month...

So, it started with one random day, I decided to invest all my free time to books, so I took a trip to MPH.. So, as I was scanning for good reads, I spotted him behind me.. He was, of course a worker who works there as he was wearing the strikingly red uniform that all MPH staff wore, and he was arranging the books on the shelves... At first, I just ignored him like everyone does and continue to find books that catch my eye....but then, when he moved to the shelves next to me, I saw a great glimpse of his facial feature.... Suddenly, all my eyes darted towards that guy beside me.... He's quite tall.. of course much taller than me... oh ya, he's a chinese.. with such adorable eyes..... and did I mention that he was cute?? .. Well, he's cute to me.. So, there I was, staring at some strangers, with my mouth half opened... seriously, it was quite embarrassing and a weird thing to do...

Anyway, because of my height, he probably didn't notice me, not that he would anyway.. I'm just another customer in the shop... So, after arranging the books, he walked to the other shelves, oblivious to my existence.. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hurt.... It's perfectly normal... But what's not normal.. to me.. because I never do this sort of thing and I don't do this kind of thing... I started to follow him around....wow.. what a stalker.. & when I realised myself doing such things, I think this is just completely ridiculous, so I walked back to my original shelves and start looking for good titles.. But occasionally, I would turn my head to find where he was..
& that wasn't it.. After that day, I started to go to the bookstore frequently.. FREQUENTLY.. as in.... one or two days in a week... Of course, I had an excuse to go there because I just finish reading and I need reloading of novels to pass my time...

Seriously, 3 months of doing nothing, really starts to do funny things to you.. During this 3 months, the internet is no longer an interest to me.. I blogged often to keep my thoughts intact.. I went on Facebook to check what is happening recently but I don't feel the need to ask more... What I see, is what I get.. Sometimes I get angry when I go on Facebook because I see so many unnecessary things which I don't want to elaborate.. True enough, I don't want to bother about the outside world.. I just want to be around books.. Yes, define bookworm.. I give you one right here.. Of course, 3 months of doing nothing also brought alot of realisation.. I realised I loved my sister more than I expected.. & I grew to be patient with her.. I hate to admit, but playing and singing with my sister was and still is, quite a joy.. I rather be with her than infront of the computer.. & when I'm not playing, I would indulged in my books..
Also, 3 months of doing nothing, just make me do things that I usually don't do...

for example, stalking that cute MPH staff... every few days in a week. Well, it's not exactly stalking, I would just go there and find books.. and occasionally, I would walked around and find him sitting at the counter or arranging books... Well I don't think I have crush on him.. I mean, I don't find myself day dreaming about him, but I just want to see him when I'm in the store.. I just want to look and observe him... & of course sometimes he notices me and sometimes our eyes met for 1 split second and I would burrow my head back into the books.. He does look at me, but maybe not in a weird way.. as I am still their regular customer..

Oh, He spoke to me too.. once.. If you call that speaking...He asked me whether I want to apply for membership card... Well, I rejected while I know I should have to make the time longer.. but silly me..

& last week, when I was helping out for the International Woman's Day event held in main centre of Jusco, I saw him again.. This time, without his red glowing uniform... It's his off day.. He saw me too.. I was coming up the escalator, while he walked past me.. I swear to fucking god he turned his head and looked at me for a split second....& then when I was at my booth table.. I saw him on the opposite side, walking.. & again.. I swear on to Holy Mother of all names.. that he looked at me.... from there.. to there..... I try not to sound so like lovestruck puppy.. because I know that I don't have that feelings towards him.. It's just that I like looking at him... See the difference??

Anyway..... I'm leaving next two weeks.. and probably the next trip to the book store would be the last time I see him... Well.. let's just say I want to keep him as a memory.. Well, call it fate, worker or customer.. we were meant to cross path...

If I ever have the chance to see him again.. I definately will marched up straight to him and say:
Hey, you're cute.. Can I be your friend????

yes.. if I have the guts..

p.s till now, I've been to the bookstore for almost 10 times.

4 comments:

Nouveena said...

Jasmine! wow wee.

When I see cute guys, I think I am too ugly to be their friend. WTH WTH WTH WTH WTH WTH.
Beat me to death. I'm gonna end up single and lonely with 9 cats.

-Jas- said...

Veena >> You tell me the fucker who say you are ugly.. I screw his balls up the light pole..

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAH> JASMINE JASMINE> LOL!

Kah Ying said...

you're almost...ALMOST like me and car dy ^^ and ser now too HAHAHA

Post a Comment